RED MIST
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RED MIST

We help each other as best as we can. Every attack against a red-mist memeber is cocidered as an attack against the whole alliance.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Blacksmith/University research

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Kristvf1

Blacksmith/University research Empty
PostSubject: Blacksmith/University research   Blacksmith/University research EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 4:21 pm

Hi all,

I would like to check if I understood one thing right. In the blacksmith, as well as university, you can research "city research" and "overall research". Does research from overall research affect all my troops (for example archery skill) while city research will only affect the troops produced in this specific town (for example archery training)?

Anyone who have had good success with "overtaking" another town? I think it could be helpful with a list of necessary researchs one has to do when one reaches ageIII. I gave up and started new cities instead which might was ineffective.

/Kristvf (-226,346)
Back to top Go down
Marcvs

Marcvs

Fraction :
  • Byzantine

PostSubject: Re: Blacksmith/University research   Blacksmith/University research EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 6:56 pm

I would like to check if I understood one thing right. In the blacksmith, as well as university, you can research "city research" and "overall research". Does research from overall research affect all my troops (for example archery skill) while city research will only affect the troops produced in this specific town (for example archery training)?

Anyone who have had good success with "overtaking" another town? I think it could be helpful with a list of necessary researchs one has to do when one reaches ageIII. I gave up and started new cities instead which might was ineffective.

Hi Krystuf
The answer to the first of your questions is yes, the orverall researches affect all your cities and troops.
I didn't understand the second question.
Back to top Go down
Hortaa

Hortaa

Fraction :
  • Mongols

PostSubject: Answers   Blacksmith/University research EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 6:12 am

the answer to your first ? is that city research effects that city learned in......training troops, resource storage and production. The over all research is applied to all towns, to the entire players account, not just the one learned in.

the answer to the second ? is found now in the forum under taking new towns or something like that under help and questions. I copied it so I'll post it here. I t is a good guide to taking a city.

FROM UE Management

Steps to capture an EXISTING City (including special cities and cities of other players):
1. Defeat the Defense Army :
- Send big enough Attack armies to wipe out target city's Defense units (choose action [Invade]). Spy your target beforehand to determine the size of your attack army.
- Beware of the Ballista units (produced by the Wall of your target city) will cause much casualties to your attack army. The more of them present, the more casualties your army will take.
- So you might want to send you cheapest units as the first wave of attack armies.

2. Defeat the 'Wall' :
You should also destroy target's Wall. The Wall provides bonuses to city's defense armies.
- Add Trebuchet units (usually from 100 to a few hundreds) into your Attack army when invading (choose action [Invade] + [Assist Battle]).
- The more enemies killed by your attack army, the higher is the damage done to the Wall by your Trebuchet units.
- You must be in Age III in order to build the 'Trebuchet' inside the 'Siege Workshop'.
- You must also have researched 'Siege Skill (Lv1)' in your Blacksmith's 'Overall Research' tab in order to unlock the [Assist Battle] function for the 'Trebuchet'.

3. Tearing down buildings (Decrease population of target city to below 500) :
You must decrease population of target city to below 500 before your could use colonizers. You could archive that by destroying buildings inside your target city with Trebuchet units.
- make sure all defense armies are dead.
- send Trebuchet units (usually from 100 to a few hundreds) with at least a few attack units in same army (choose action [Invade] + [City Attack]).
- keep sending similar armies until target's population reached below 500.
- you must be in Age III in order to build the 'Trebuchet' inside the 'Siege Workshop'.
- you must also have researched 'Siege Skill (Lv2)' or higher in your Blacksmith's 'Overall Research' tab in order to unlock the [City Attack] functions for the 'Trebuchet'.

4. Taking over the city (Decrease stability of target city to 0%) :
When a city's stability was reduced to 0%, it would be captured by its invader. Stability could only regenerate by itself slowly over time.
- make sure all defense armies are dead.
- make sure population of target city is below 500.
- send Colonizers (usually from 100 - 1000) with at least a few attack units in same army (choose action [Invade]).
- you must have at least researched 'Colonization (Lv1)' or higher in your University's 'Overall Research' tab in order to use the Colonizers.
- if your Colonization = (Lv1), then you need 1000 Colonizers to decrease stability from 100% to 0% in one go.
- if your Colonization = (Lv10), then you need 100 Colonizers to decrease stability from 100% to 0% in one go.

5. If all steps succeeded, target City will be captured.

[NOTE]:
*Colonizers will only take effect after the target city population drops below 500.
*Even if target's population is already below 500, you must have destroyed all your target's defensive units before using any Colonizers.
*Make sure your "City Limit" research has reached the needed level, and you still have at least ONE free slot for a new city.
*Race of captured city will become same as your own race automatically.
*You will not inherit any completed researches from the captured city.

UE Moderator

Good Luck, Hortaa Cool
Back to top Go down
-OptImuM-
Admin
-OptImuM-

Fraction :
  • Byzantine

PostSubject: Re: Blacksmith/University research   Blacksmith/University research EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 12:16 pm

Hello
I will move this post to discussions because it is about the game.
Back to top Go down
https://red-mist-alliance.rpg-board.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Blacksmith/University research   Blacksmith/University research Empty

Back to top Go down

Blacksmith/University research
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
RED MIST :: Tavern-
Jump to: